Frequently Asked Questions
- WHAT KIND OF VIDEOS DO YOU PRODUCE?
- HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO PRODUCE A VIDEO?
- WHAT DO YOU NEED FROM US – THE CLIENT?
- DO YOU OFFER A-LA-CARTE PRODUCTION SERVICES?
- WHAT IF WE HAVE NEVER PRODUCED A VIDEO BEFORE?
- WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR PRODUCING A QUALITY VIDEO?
- DO YOU SHOOT ON FILM OR IN VIDEO?
- DO YOU EDIT THERE AT HORIZON?
- WHAT IS HORIZON’S EXPERIENCE IN PRODUCING VIDEOS?
- HOW DO YOU GUARANTEE QUALITY OF WORKMANSHIP?
- HOW IS HORIZON DIFFERENT FROM OTHER PRODUCTION COMPANIES?
- HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- WILL VIDEO IMPROVE MY SEO?
Our over 25 years of experience at Horizon Productions is in every imaginable area of production ranging from education to entertainment.
For our corporate clients we produce videos to:
- promote products and services
- recruit and train employees
- enhance product awareness
For advertising agencies we produce videos to:
- help their clients reach their intended market segment via TV commercials and WEB videos.
For non-profits we produce videos to:
- bring critical awareness to important social issues
- raise funds for development
A video that we produce from script to screen could take as little as a week, and as long as 6 months. Generally, we can give you a finished video in 8 weeks.
Maybe as little as one brainstorming meeting. However, the client is often interested in helping to write the script, identify cast, choose testimonials, and supply us with materials to use as insert video or “B Roll”. Our clients' ideas are always considered first in the development of the video.
Yes. We will provide any type of service you need including
- creative development
- production management
- field shooting
- green screen shooting (portable or studio)
- video crews
- casting and talent selection
- voice over recording
- video editing
- graphic design
- music composition
- DVD duplication and packaging.
Don’t worry. We have. We will help you understand the entire process. You can be as involved as you'd like, or just let us handle the whole thing.
1) We meet with you to identify:
- the goals of the video or TV spot
- the audience to reach
- the creative approach
- the budget parameters
- the shooting format (film, video, HD 1080 or 720 etc...)
- the editing platform (AVID, Final Cut, Premiere, After Effects)
- delivery format (Broadcast dubs, DVD/ Blu ray discs, or compressed files)
And we can provide a detailed proposal if requested.
2) Now we collabotate to write the script and achieve a client approved first draft. We also create storyboards if the project warrants it.
3) Then we shoot, generally on location, and often in a studio. Production crews will vary from just a director and shooter to a full crew of 8 or more.
4) In post production, we record voice over, create graphic elements, edit picture and sound, add music and sound effects. After the client has fully approved the project, we deliver the project in whatever media or file format the client requires.
Either. Because of the cost of shooting on film, most of our productions are shot in High Definition Digital Video. Our videographers, including Paul Murski, Marcus Chase, and Johnny Stevens are all very camera savvy.
We edit anywhere the project requires, in office. on site, or occasionally at the local coffee shop - with access to all of the latest editing and graphics software including AVID, Final cut, and Premiere Pro platforms. Our editors including Paul Murski and Chris Westerman, are all well seasoned each with over 15 years of experience.
We have been doing it for over 25 years. Please feel free to check out some of our clients' comments.
We are passionate about what we do. Our mission is to develop a trusting relationship with our clients. This is why we have so much return business. Rest assured that we will continue to hone your video until it exceeds your expectations.
1) Experience and professionalism. We have been doing this for more than 25 years.
2) Responsiveness. You get what you need when you need it.
The budgets for all of our productions are custom tailored to account for both the demands of the production and the needs of our client. Please call us for a quote.
WILL VIDEO PRODUCTION HELP MY WEBSITE'S SEO?
Absolutely! Today, Google adds value to a page based on how much time a visitor spends viewing it and visitors watching videos stay longer than others. On average people stay two minutes longer on a website when they watch a video. A recent study also suggested that a page with a video on it is 53 times more likely to achieve a page one listing on Google.
Search engines also value the number of inbound links to your page and you can maximize exposure for your videos and potential for inbound links to your website by uploading them to multiple video search engines, such as YouTube, Daily Motion, Metacafé and Vimeo. You can add links to your credits (either as part of your profile or in the video description field).
You can get even more links from a content rich video page by submitting it to social bookmarking and networking sites. The links don’t only come from the sites themselves but from bloggers and others who share your link, or display it in their Twitter feeds.
Google also values fresh and informative content so you can continue to generate links and improved rankings by producing a series of videos released incrementally throughout the year. Enhance the searchability of the video content by embedding or providing a transcript along with the video.